Full transcript of Trump's speech on US Syria strike

[复制链接]
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2017-4-6 20:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/ ... al-attack.html?_r=0
: c/ V" Z: {/ H: k, C! w7 ]: y
2 h% a8 X( Z/ s* dMy fellow Americans,; _" \3 z7 K* @) i# y
On Tuesday, Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad launched a horrible chemical weapons attack on innocent civilians using a deadly nerve agent.
. u, R; u) x8 x+ s& e7 jAssad choked out the lives of innocent men, women and children. It was a slow and brutal death for so many. Even beautiful babies were cruelly murdered in this very barbaric attack.' E0 [4 y. z3 t7 E( O' j+ k
No child of god should ever suffer such horror.
9 L2 L" }6 l* [9 z9 kTonight I ordered a targeted military strike on the airfield in Syria from where the chemical attack was launched.( j! y8 V# h' E- Q7 S" f4 i2 @' d. ~
It is in this vital national security interest of the United States to prevent and deter the spread and use of deadly chemical weapons.
3 E. L3 p; X7 U2 P7 ^. eThere can be no dispute that Syria used banned chemical weapons, violated its obligations under the chemical weapons convention, and ignored the urging of the UN security council.- A. P9 g+ @' A1 d: }$ ~% v& y% |0 e
Years of previous attempts at changing Assad’s behaviour have all failed and failed very dramatically.) r# D4 H0 e" ?0 L
As a result the refugee crisis continues to deepen and the region continues to destabilise, threatening the United States and its allies.: Z9 q. N- O& ?" V" h* H
Tonight I call on all civilised nations to join us in seeking to end the slaughter and bloodshed in Syria, and also to end terrorism of all kinds and all types.
6 n/ e9 F5 M$ P& p! k# F' ~/ _We ask for god’s wisdom as we face the challenge of our very troubled world.
% h3 S2 {3 g$ U5 `! }We pray for the lives of the wounded and for the souls of those who have passed./ o1 x! ?7 R+ r  ]5 k0 ?; Y
And we hope that as long as America stands for justice that peace and harmony will in the end prevail.* A; p% y8 U- O6 a: y/ C
Goodnight and god bless America and the entire world. Thank you." x& T2 G% ]- [% }
Read: Full transcript of Trump's speech on US Syria strike
. N1 c+ b0 c; O* r( Q, F6 c; t
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-14 14:27 , Processed in 1.415573 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.